We’re excited to announce that we have now added aerial photography to our list of services. We’ve just been awarded our commercial Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operator Accreditation from CASA. This means that we can now take aerial photos & videos for our clients, using our drone and Organisation Aviation Reference Number (ARN).
Drone footage has become an ever-increasing popular segment of showcasing a business or story to tell. Just look at every ABC news story, which generally has drone footage.
Using a Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) provides a unique perspective to the message you want to convey to your audience. This is certainly the case when it comes to video footage. I’ve always said “video is the way to go.” People love to watch video, particularly on social media.
Please note, we cannot fly into restricted CASA airspace, eg. within 5.5 km of an airport with a control tower (see below for details). As such we are bound to fly by CASA’s strict rules about flying drones. These include:
- only fly one drone at a time
- always fly our drone in visual line-of-sight (VLS) – this means:
- flying only during the day
- avoid flying through cloud, fog or smoke
- we can always see our drone with our own eyes — not by using goggles, binoculars or another device
- not flying behind obstacles that stop us from always seeing our drone. For example, trees, buildings or other structures.
We cannot fly our drone:
- higher than 120 m (400 ft) above ground level — that’s about the height of a 35-storey building or length of a football field
- closer than 30 m to people — other than those helping to control or navigate our drone
- over or above people at any time or height
- in a way that creates a hazard to another person, property or aircraft
- near emergency operations
- in prohibited or restricted airspace (use a CASA-verified drone safety app to help us)
- closer than 5.5 km to a controlled airport, which usually has a control tower.
We may operate our drone within 5.5 km of a non-controlled airport (without a control tower) or helicopter landing site if:
- there are no manned aircraft flying in the area
- we see any manned aircraft flying to or from the airport or helicopter landing site we must land as soon as safely possible
- we stay outside the airfield boundary.
We’re using the latest DJI Air 2s which takes spectacular 4K footage. We hope to serve you soon, and post some photos & videos of our work.